DocsPlus doesn't launch
Nothing seems to happen when launching DocsPlus or you receive the following error message:
Internal exception occurred
YOUR WINDOWS VERSION IS TOO OLD
DocsPlus is compatible with: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
DocsPlus is not compatible with: Windows XP, Windows Vista
To check which version of Windows your computer has:
- Hold the Windows key and press R to open the Run window.
- Type in winver and click OK.
A FAULTY NETWORK INSTALLATION
Your IT Department may have performed a network installation of DocsPlus. This enables them to remotely deploy DocsPlus to the computers on your network.
If a new DocsPlus MSI package is generated in the same location as a previous one, the resulting MSI package will install correctly but will fail to launch.
In this situation, we recommend doing the following:
- Use Group Policy to uninstall DocsPlus from all computers.
If this isn't possible, use our Uninstall DocsPlus Tool.
- Perform the steps in the Install to computers on a network section of the installation instructions to generate a new DocsPlus MSI package.
Create a new folder in your chosen network share for the new MSI package and provide a UNC path to it when prompted.
- Deploy your new DocsPlus MSI package to a test computer.
If DocsPlus launches correctly, deploy the MSI to the remaining computers.
Your computer may be running third-party software that monitors processes. DocsPlus features advanced software protection to prevent piracy, which will stop DocsPlus from launching if it thinks it’s being attacked.
We’ve successfully tested DocsPlus with all major antiviruses. However, we’ve received feedback that certain programs are incompatible:
- Dependency Walker
- Impero - a workaround is to add "DocsPlus.exe" as an injection exclusion from the Impero Server console.
- Policy Central Enterprise
- Print Audit 5
- Sysinternals Process Monitor
- Comodo Internet Security - a workaround is to enable "Don't detect shellcode injections in these applications" and add DocsPlus to the list.
Any type of process monitoring software can potentially cause this issue, so experiment with disabling any programs that you suspect may be doing so.
If you discover that a certain program is incompatible, we would appreciate it if you could contact Support so we can update this list.
- Article Id
- November 13th, 2017
- Last revised
- November 13th, 2017
- Applies to
- DocsPlus for Windows and Mac