Install DocsPlus Universal for Mac
To install DocsPlus on your Mac computer, you will need to get your serial number and download the installer. You can then install on a standalone computer or across the network.
Get your serial number
Download the installer
- You will be taken to the Get Started tab.
- Select the appropriate installer according to your device type and country.
These instructions are for standalone installations only. Click here for network installation.
- Follow the listed steps.
- DocsPlus will create a folder on the computer to be the Home location (the default when opening / saving files). If a cloud storage app is installed that you’d prefer to use, select it when prompted (this can be changed later).
- Leave Activate DocsPlus automatically enabled.
- Answer OK to any permission requests that appear.
We recommend uninstalling all old DocsPlus versions first.
- Open the downloaded DMG file. In the DocsPlus Installer drive that appears in Finder, double-click the DocsPlus Installer file inside.
- Choose Install to computers on the network and click Install.
- Provide your 20-character serial number.
- Specify the Home location (the default when opening / saving files in DocsPlus).
If a cloud storage app is installed, you can select it here.
Alternatively, select Network share. Click beneath it, click Choose, and then browse to a network share that users have read / write access to.
The Home location can be changed by the user after installation.
- Specify a location for your unique client package to be generated.
- Agree to the license agreement and then click Install.
- When the network setup finishes, a DocsPlus Client.dmg will be generated at your specified location. You can then do one of the following:
- On each Mac client, browse to the DocsPlus Client.dmg, double-click it, and then run the DocsPlus Installer.pkg inside.
- Install via command line, such as:
sudo installer -pkg /path/to/DocsPlus\ Installer.pkg -target /
- Deploy the DocsPlus Installer.pkg to clients via Apple Remote Desktop or similar.