A new version of Clicker 8 has now recently been released, containing numerous improvements.
Clicker 8 for Windows/Mac
WHAT’S NEW IN RELEASE 4?
New features and improvements:
- Accessibility: new High Contrast option to increase icon visibility.
- Accessibility: new Pause button to temporarily halt switch scanning / eye gaze dwelling
- Speech: newer "Amy" replaces "Rosie" as the default British voice.
- Speech: updated dictionary for improved pronunciation.
- Predictor: all word suggestions now appear black by default
- Talk Sets: added the ability to change cell backgrounds.
- Pictures: added support for ".jfif" files.
- Various enhancements to performance and usability.
HOW DO I UPDATE?
Download the latest installer and perform a new installation (standalone or network).
While uninstalling the old version first is generally considered best practice, we encountered no issues when skipping this step during our tests.
If you need any advice or support with Clicker, please don’t hesitate to call us 01604 671691, or complete this short form and we will be in touch.