Crick Software is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
This policy ensures Crick Software:
- Complies with the data protection law
- Follows good practice
- Protects the rights of staff, customers and suppliers
- Is open about how it stores and processes data
- Protects itself from the risks of a data breach
Crick Software may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from May 2018 and incorporates changes due to the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). These new regulations give companies six lawful reasons for processing your data. These are:
- Legal obligation
- Vital interest
- Public task
- Legitimate interest
What we do with the information we gather
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. We are processing this data through “legitimate interest” when:
- Collecting your details through forms on our website.
- Updating or adding your details to our customer database.
- Using the information to improve our products and services.
- Sending promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting, using the email address that you have provided.
- Using your information to contact you for market research purposes.
- Using the information to customise our websites according to your interests.
you sign up for a free account with LearningGrids you will be added to
our database and sent information about LearningGrids resources that we
think you may be interested in. If you do not wish to receive this
information you can unsubscribe at any time.
Software and apps
We do not collect data in any of our products. Our applications are installed onto client computers and users’ work is saved locally, except in network installation where it is saved to a shared folder on your server. You will specify the shared folder during the installation process.
The iPad apps are purchased via the Apple app store and all information about who the app belongs to is linked to your Apple ID and is held by Apple. Our apps do not collect or share information.
We collect information when you initially
register with our LearningGrids website to download free resources. We
will use this data to provide you with information from time to
time on new resources and other products. If you do not wish to receive
this information you can unsubscribe at any time.
The Chromebook apps use your Google ID and Google domain to install. We collect your Google email address as your unique identifier. This address is used to determine the status of your current license.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- If you receive information from us that is not of interest to you, you can easily unsubscribe by clicking on the link in the email. We will remove your details from our email list and will not send you information until or unless you ask us to do so.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law.
Data subject rights
As someone we hold data about, you are a Crick Software “Data Subject”. You have the right to object about the processing of data and the right to be forgotten. You can do this by accessing the data that we hold about you under the GDPR legislation. This is a Subject Access Request.
Subject Access Request (SAR)
To request details on the information we hold about you, please write to Crick Software Ltd, Crick House, Boarden Close, Moulton Park, Northampton NN3 6LF or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org. We will first check that we have enough information to be sure of your identity. if we have any reason to doubt your identity we will request official confirmation.
If you are a relative/representative of the individual concerned, then you must supply the individual’s consent for the release of their personal data.
We will respond to you within 30 calendar days to provide you with the information. There will be no charge for complying with an SAR unless the request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’. If a request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ a fee can be charged or we can refuse to respond.
Rights to erasure
Under the GDPR regulations you have the right to erasure. Where possible and practicable we will ensure that data is removed and no new data is collected or stored. However, the right to erasure does not provide an absolute right to be forgotten and we can refuse to comply with a request for any of the following reasons:
- To exercise the right of freedom of expression and information.
- To comply with a legal obligation or for the performance of a public interest task or exercise of official authority.
- Archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific research, historical research or statistical purposes.
- The exercise or defence of legal claims.
Errors in our records
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. If we agree that the information is inaccurate, we will correct it and where practicable, destroy the inaccurate information. We will consider informing any relevant third party of the correction. If we do not agree or feel unable to decide whether the information is inaccurate, we will make a note of the alleged error and keep this on file.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer. The cookies help us analyse web traffic and remember information about your preferences in our web shop.
This Cookie is placed by Facebook. It enables Crick Software to measure, optimize and build audiences for advertising campaigns served on Facebook. In particular it enables Crick Software to see how our users move between devices when accessing the Crick Software website and Facebook and to analyse which content a user has viewed and interacted with on our website. For further information about the Facebook Pixel please see: https://en-gb.facebook.com/business/help/651294705016616
Links to other websites
Our websites may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.