Our upcoming free webinars are full of fantastic information for educators and have been curated by our knowledgeable team of experienced teachers and Senior Education Consultants. This term’s webinars also welcome special guests who are experts in SEND, ICT and Inclusion. So, here’s what’s coming up this term and how you can register…
SENCos - when it comes to support and interventions, are you asking the right questions?
Wednesday 4th October 2023
3:45pm – 4:30pm BST
In this webinar, Katie Fitch will be joined by Dr Anita Devi, SEND specialist and CEO of Team ADL.
Anita is a published author, speaker and researcher with significant experience across the education sector in the UK and overseas. Her goal for this session is to help SENCos develop a robust pathway of inquiry when determining and delivering interventions / SEND support.
The webinar will cover:
- Strategies and top tips to support increasing and multiple needs in the classroom.
- Approaches to ensuring all staff take responsibility and play their part.
- Measuring the impact of any support / interventions delivered.
Plus, everyone who attends the event will also be eligible for our prize draw, with the chance to win some free copies of Anita’s latest book – ‘Journeying to the Heart of SENCO Wellbeing: A Guide to Enable and Empower SEND Leaders’.
English Teachers – how can we empower struggling readers and writers?
Thursday 2nd November 2023
3:45pm – 4:15pm GMT
How can we make the English curriculum more accessible and achievable for students who struggle with reading and writing, particularly for those who don’t qualify for 1-to-1 support?
In this session, we will explore how DocsPlus helps students to independently access Secondary English texts, organise their ideas, and supports them throughout the writing and editing process.
We will also highlight the library of ready-made vocabulary banks, writing frames and planning templates that English teachers can access, and show you ‘DocsPlus Analytics’, which gives you instant access to rich data on each student’s writing process.
How can we create a truly inclusive classroom?
Wednesday 1st November 2023
3:45pm – 4:30pm GMT
For this event, Katie will be joined by EdTech guru Carol Allen. Carol is an Education Advisor specialising in ICT and Inclusion, having taught in both mainstream schools and schools for students with severe, profound and multiple learning difficulties. Carol is also a long-time fan and champion of Clicker, which she describes as “the most inclusive piece of software there is”.
During this session, Carol will explore the following:
- What do we mean by an inclusive classroom?
- What are the most important questions to ask when looking at whether your classrooms are truly inclusive?
- If you’re not a SEND specialist, how do you ensure that pupils with additional needs are fully included?
- What could schools implement tomorrow, and what would be worth investing in longer term?
Supporting writing in Early Years
Tuesday 21st November 2023
3:45pm – 4:15pm GMT
This session will be led by Siân Rice, an experienced EYFS teacher, and will focus on how Clicker can be used to support and engage younger learners, setting them on the path to writing success!
Siân will explore:
- How Clicker can be used to help children understand and actively participate in each stage of the writing process.
- The range of ready-made Clicker resources available to Early Years teachers, including talking books, matching sets, sentence sets and ‘tell the story’ activities.
- Ways of using Clicker together as a class, in small groups, or to provide personalised support to children with additional needs.
You can sign up for the webinars via the links above. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us by phone at 01604 671691 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to book a personalised demonstration for your school, you can do so through our online booking system for Clicker or DocsPlus.