We’ve had lots of people sign up for the free webinars we’re running this term and there’s still space for you to sign up, too!
Using DocsPlus to support SEND learners in exams
Tuesday 7th February 2023
4:00 to 4:30pm GMT
With growing logistical and financial stresses attached to using human scribes and readers in exams, many schools are exploring alternatives offered by technology. DocsPlus, our exam-friendly word processor, removes many access arrangement-related headaches for students, teachers and exam staff, whilst freeing up valuable time and budget!
- Key benefits of using Assistive Technology like DocsPlus to support students in exams
- How DocsPlus can be used in place of human scribes and readers
- How Fiona’s school are successfully using DocsPlus in their exams, including how it has saved them “300 hours of staff time in the first year alone!”
Using Clicker to support a whole class writing journey
Thursday 9th February 2023
3:45 to 4:15pm GMT
Phil is joined by Bridget Griffiths to explore how Clicker can be used to support pupils throughout all stages of a writing journey. Bridget is our resident content writer here at Crick Software; her previous role was in Education as an Assistant Principal at an Outstanding primary school in Northamptonshire. She has years of experience teaching across KS2 and regularly led demonstrations of best practice in Literacy for her trust.
During this webinar, Bridget will talk us through how Clicker can:
- Be utilised during each stage of the writing journey
- Reduce teacher workload and increase learners’ independence
- Improve pupils’ writing engagement, confidence, and outcomes
Maximising the impact of your TAs with Clicker
Tuesday 7th March 2023
3:45 to 4:15pm GMT
Schools today are trying to support an increasingly complex cohort of pupils on incredibly tight budgets, and often with a shortage of staff. That’s why it’s crucial to maximise the impact of one of the most valuable assets in your classrooms – your TAs.
Join Katie Fitch and SEND advisory teacher Jules Daulby as they explore how effective TA deployment can reduce workload and stress, foster pupil independence, and ultimately boost learning outcomes across the class.
This free 30-minute webinar will explore:
- What the research says about effective use of TAs
- A 5-step Teaching Assistant model to increase student independence
- How our child-friendly literacy tool Clicker can help!
You can sign up for the webinars via the links above. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us by phone at 01604 671691 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to book a personalised demonstration for your school, you can do so through our online booking system for Clicker or DocsPlus.