DocsPlus Universal for Windows / Mac
For subscriptions purchased after November 2020.
You'd like to share your DocsPlus files between devices or send them to other people.
How do I recover Document backups on Windows / Mac?
Your Clicker 8 / DocsPlus Document has recently become corrupt or been lost.
A backup is automatically created for every Document that is created or opened. The backup is autosaved every minute to prevent any significant loss of work.
In the rare event that the original Document becomes corrupt, the backup should load automatically.
If not, you can open the backup folder:
- In Clicker 8 / DocsPlus, click Manage in the Options ribbon tab.
- In the Files tab, click the Document Backups location.
To identify the backup file by date, right-click any empty area of the folder, hover on View and choose Details. You can then click the Date column to sort by date.
On Windows, backup files are stored for 7 days before being deleted.
On Mac, backup files are stored until the computer is turned off. Unfortunately, this is a limitation of the temporary storage in MacOS.
- November 16, 2017
- Last revised
- January 28, 2022
- Applies to
- Clicker 8 for Windows / Mac
- DocsPlus for Windows / Mac
- DocsPlus Universal for Windows / Mac
To download DocsPlus and manage your subscription:
- Sign in using your email address or Google account.
(If you don't have a password click Forgotten your password?)
- Under the product you want to manage, click View.
The installation instructions and product download will be displayed.