Error: "Cannot save the file..."
When saving a file, you receive the following error message:
Cannot save the file…You may not have sufficient privileges to save this file in the folder you have selected.
If you’re saving to a network location, your Windows / Mac account doesn’t have permission to save files there.
Contact your IT Support to request access.
This error may be caused by a Windows 10 security feature (intended to prevent malware from overwriting your personal files).
Open the Windows Start menu, start typing controlled folder access and click the result when it appears.
If the feature is On:
- Click Allow an app through controlled folder access.
- Click Add an allowed app and choose Recently blocked apps.
- Choose the software product you're using.
It should now be added to the list.
The Controlled folder access feature can be configured via Group Policy and other mechanisms:
- May 2nd, 2018
- Last revised
- December 12th, 2019
- Applies to
- Clicker 6
- Clicker 7
- Clicker 8 for Windows / Mac
- DocsPlus for Windows / Mac