Clicker for Windows / Mac
You'd like to share your Clicker files between devices or send them to other people.
Error: 1317 during installation
During installation, you receive the following error message:
Error 1317. An error occurred while attempting to create the directory
This error is caused by a security feature introduced in Windows 10 (1803). The intention is to prevent malware from overwriting your personal files.
To solve the problem:
- Open the Windows Start menu, start typing controlled folder access and click the result when it appears.
- Turn the feature off. Answer yes to any security messages.
- Retry the installation.
- Once the installation has finished, you can turn the feature back on.
If you turn it back on, please see the Related article below.
for IT Professionals
The Controlled folder access feature can be configured via Group Policy and other mechanisms:
- May 2, 2018
- Last revised
- December 12, 2019
- Applies to
- Clicker 7
- Clicker for Windows / Mac
- DocsPlus for Windows / Mac
- DocsPlus Universal for Windows / Mac