DocsPlus Universal for Windows / Mac
Sharing files via the network
If your computer is connected to your organisation's network, and your IT Support performed a network installation of DocsPlus, network file sharing should already be set up.
To check this:
- In DocsPlus, open the Options ribbon tab and click Program Management.
- Open the Folder Locations tab.
- Does the Shared Files location begin with \\ ?
If so, the Shared Files location in the DocsPlus Explorer is pointing to a folder on your organisation’s network.
Therefore, files saved in Shared Files should appear in the same place on any computer (that has DocsPlus and is connected to the network).
If your computer is disconnected from your organisation's network (e.g. you've taken a laptop home), DocsPlus will detect this and Shared Files will revert to a location on your computer:
- Windows - C:\Users\Public\Documents\DocsPlus
- Mac - Macintosh HD/Users/Shared/Crick Software/DocsPlus