Can we use the Chromebook apps in a managed guest session?
You would like to use our apps in a managed guest session (or kiosk mode).
A managed guest session lets someone use a Chromebook without signing into a Google account. It can be thought of as a universal guest account with no password.
Unfortunately, our apps can't run in a managed guest session for technical reasons:
- Authentication – the app has no way of linking you to the subscription you've purchased.
- File saving – all local data is lost when the session ends. Without Google Drive, you can't save anything.
For IT Professionals
While it's possible to add our apps to managed guest sessions via the Google Admin console (Devices > Chrome > Apps & extensions), they won't actually install when a managed guest session starts.
This is because Chrome OS detects the apps as full packaged apps rather than basic kiosk apps.
- 27th November 2017
- Last revised
- 1st October 2020
- Applies to
- Clicker Communicator for Chromebook
- Clicker Connect for Chromebook
- Clicker Docs for Chromebook
- Clicker Sentences for Chromebook
- Clicker Writer for Chromebook
- DocsPlus for Chromebook
- DocsPlus Universal for Chromebook