How do I link my iPad app to cloud storage?
You want to link an app to a cloud storage provider such as Dropbox.
Our older iPad apps (see Applies to list below) can directly link with Dropbox, Google Drive, and OneDrive accounts.
The following instructions mention Dropbox but are identical for the others.
link the APP
To link an app to your cloud storage account:
- Tap the Settings (cog) icon in the top toolbar, tap Sharing and enable Dropbox.
- Tap the File Explorer (folder) icon in the top toolbar and tap Dropbox on the left.
- Tap Link to Dropbox, enter your account details, and then grant permission for the app to access your account.
OPEN FILES FROM CLOUD STORAGE
To open a file from cloud storage:
- Tap the File Explorer (folder) icon and tap Dropbox on the left.
- Browse to your file and tap it.
This copies the file to the Dropbox Downloads folder on your iPad so it can be accessed later, even without an Internet connection.
Copy files to cloud storage
To copy files from your iPad to cloud storage:
- Tap the File Explorer (folder) icon and tap iPad on the left.
- Browse to your files and tap Edit in the top-right corner.
- Select one or more files and then tap Copy.
- Tap Dropbox on the left, browse to your desired location, and then tap Paste.
- 21st November 2017
- Last revised
- 13th December 2018
- Applies to
- Clicker Books for iPad
- Clicker Connect for iPad
- Clicker Docs for iPad
- Clicker Sentences for iPad
- WriteOnline for iPad