Clicker @home: tips for teachers & parents
These tips are for Windows and Mac computers - for iPads and Chromebooks, click here.
We are providing Clicker@home for schools that are closed during the Coronavirus crisis. This provides Clicker for students and teachers working from home. Schools can sign up for Clicker@home for free.
Here are some tips to get children using Clicker and enjoying writing while they are at home. There’s built-in support for children of all ages and abilities, so it’s very appropriate for struggling writers, too.
- Clicker reads each sentence out loud when a period is used, so your child can hear what they’ve just written.
- It’s got a word predictor to help children find the words they want, even if they struggle with spelling.
- It provides Clicker Grids, which are a great way of providing additional support.
Support any topic
- To help children to write about the topics they’ve been learning in school, search LearningGrids from within Clicker.
- In addition to writing grids, LearningGrids also provides information books & stories and many other activities.
- If you like, you can make your own Clicker resources too – go to the Clicker Set tab and click New.
- Save work anywhere on your computer.
- Share work using your usual school sharing method. For example, you can use cloud services like Dropbox, Google Drive or OneDrive, or you can attach files to emails. Find out more about sharing files on Win / Mac.
- See what support a child has used in their document by clicking the Analytics tab.