Retired Apps for iPad
Clicker Sentences / Clicker Connect / Clicker Docs
Retired in November 2020.
No speech on iPad
You can't hear spoken text, despite the words highlighting in sequence.
First, check your iPad's volume is set sufficiently (press the volume buttons along its edge).
If you still can't hear the speech, your iPad is probably in Silent Mode. This isn't always noticeable, as a muted iPad can still make noise!
To unmute your iPad:
- Show the Control Center - swipe down from the top-right corner (bottom edge on iOS 11).
- Tap the Bell icon so it changes from red (muted) to monochrome (unmuted).
If the Control Center doesn't show the Bell icon, it should be possible to unmute by using your iPad’s side switch.
For more help, please visit getsupport.apple.com.
- November 20th, 2017
- Last revised
- November 22nd, 2021
- Applies to
- Clicker Books for iPad
- Clicker Communicator for iPad
- Clicker Connect for iPad
- Clicker Docs for iPad
- Clicker Sentences for iPad
- Clicker Writer for iPad
- DocsPlus for iPad
- DocsPlus Universal for iPad