DocsPlus for Windows / Mac
For licenses purchased before November 2020.
Install error: "Source file not found: CrickNativeUtils.dll"
When trying to install Clicker / DocsPlus, it fails with the error:
Source file not found: <location to>\CrickNativeUtils.dll. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.
Sophos Antivirus has been known to block Clicker / DocsPlus from installing.
It quarantines or blocks access to CrickNativeUtils.dll when the file is being copied to the computer.
To proceed, please forward this to your IT Support.
For IT PRofessionals
To install Clicker / DocsPlus on a computer running Sophos:
- Temporarily disable Sophos.
- Follow the relevant article below to exclude Clicker / DocsPlus from Sophos.
- Restore CrickNativeUtils.dll from the Sophos quarantine.
Download the installer again.
(Network install) Perform the network setup again to generate a new MSI package.
- Install Clicker / DocsPlus. It should complete successfully now.
- Test launching Clicker / DocsPlus with Sophos enabled.
- November 8th, 2021
- Last revised
- November 15th, 2021
- Applies to
- Clicker 8 for Windows / Mac
- DocsPlus for Windows / Mac
- DocsPlus Universal for Windows / Mac