Education Stabilization Funding and Crick Software
The CARES Act is the third and largest relief package passed by Congress in response to the COVID-19 outbreak, and includes a $30.75 billion Education Stabilization Fund for both K-12 and higher education. The U.S. Department of Education have allocated almost half of that ($13.2 billion) as ESSER funds (Elementary and Secondary School Emergency Relief), for distribution to elementary and secondary schools. Once states receive the money (which must be spent by September 2021), at least 90% of those funds will be distributed to districts, based on how much the district receives from Title I or ESSA.
What Can It Be Used For?
- Funding can be used to plan for long-term closures, sanitize schools, purchase educational technology*, provide mental health supports, as well as other activities authorized by ESSA, the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)*,
the Adult Education and Family Literacy Act, the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act of 2018, and the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act.
*Purchasing educational technology (including hardware, software, and connectivity) for students who are served by the local educational agency that aids in regular and substantive educational interaction between students and their classroom instructors, including low-income students and students with disabilities, which may include assistive technology or adaptive equipment.
How will our software support your learners?
- Child-friendly word processing support that will enable students of all abilities to work more independently. Choose Clicker for elementary schools and DocsPlus for middle/high schools.
- Specifically designed to address the unique needs of students with disabilities, English language learners and reluctant readers and writers.
- Built-in access to thousands of engaging ready-made resources on a wide range of curriculum topics.
- Can be used on and offline with easy sharing and saving options.
- Accessible on Windows, Mac, iPad and Chromebook devices.
“I am amazed how much written work he can actually produce using this program! He point-blank refuses to pick up a pencil for words otherwise! Thank you!”
“Clicker from Crick Software is probably the most friendly and engaging way to kickstart and improve literacy skills, and work on speech.”