Clicker 7 doesn't launch
Nothing seems to happen when launching Clicker 7.
Your Windows version is too old
Clicker 7 is compatible with: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10.
Clicker 7 is not compatible with: Windows XP, Windows Vista.
To check which version of Windows your computer has:
- Hold the Windows key and press R to open the Run window.
- Type in winver and click OK.
A faulty network installation
Your ICT Department may have performed a network installation of Clicker 7. This enables them to remotely deploy Clicker 7 to the computers on your network.
If a new Clicker 7 MSI package is generated in the same location as a previous one, the resulting MSI package will install correctly but Clicker 7 will fail to launch.
In this situation, we recommend doing the following:
- Use Group Policy to uninstall Clicker 7 from all computers.
If this isn't possible, use our Uninstall Clicker Tool.
- Perform the steps in the Install to computers on a network section of the installation instructions to generate a new Clicker 7 MSI package.
Create a new folder in your chosen network share for the new MSI package and provide a UNC path to it when prompted.
- Deploy your new Clicker 7 MSI package to a test computer.
If Clicker 7 launches correctly, deploy the MSI to the remaining computers.
Your computer may be running third-party software that monitors processes. Clicker 7 features advanced software protection to prevent piracy, which will stop Clicker 7 from launching if it thinks it’s being attacked.
We’ve successfully tested Clicker 7 with all major antiviruses. However, we’ve received feedback about certain programs that are incompatible:
- Dependency Walker
- Impero - a workaround is to add "Clicker 7.exe" as an injection exclusion from the Impero Server console.
- Policy Central Enterprise
- Print Audit 5
- Sysinternals Process Monitor
Any type of process monitoring software can potentially cause this issue, so experiment with disabling any programs that you suspect may be doing so.
If you discover that a certain program is incompatible, we would appreciate it if you could contact Support so we can update this list.
- Article Id
- 1st November 2017
- Last revised
- 1st November 2017
- Applies to
- Clicker 7