Clicker 7 doesn't launch
Nothing seems to happen when launching Clicker 7, or you receive the following error message:
Internal exception occurred
Your Windows version is too old
Clicker 7 is compatible with: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
Clicker 7 is not compatible with: Windows XP, Windows Vista
To check which version of Windows your computer has:
- Hold the Windows key and press R to open the Run window.
- Type in winver and click OK.
A faulty network installation
Your IT Support may have performed a network installation of Clicker 7. This enables them to remotely deploy Clicker 7 to the computers on your network.
If a new Clicker 7 MSI package is generated in the same location as a previous one, the resulting MSI package will install correctly but Clicker 7 will fail to launch.
In this situation, we recommend doing the following:
- Use Group Policy to uninstall Clicker 7 from all computers.
If this isn't possible, see the related article below.
- Create a new folder in your chosen network share for the new MSI package.
- Perform the steps in the Install to computers on a network section of the installation instructions (see below). When prompted, provide a UNC path to the folder in Step 2.
- When the new MSI has been generated, deploy it to a test computer.
- If Clicker 7 launches correctly, deploy the new MSI to the remaining computers.
Your computer may be running third-party software that monitors processes. Clicker 7 features advanced software protection to prevent piracy. This will stop Clicker 7 from launching if it thinks it’s being attacked.
We’ve successfully tested Clicker 7 with all major antiviruses.
However, we’ve received feedback that certain programs are incompatible:
- Dependency Walker
- Impero - a workaround is to add "Clicker 7.exe" as an injection exclusion from the Impero Server console.
- Policy Central Enterprise
- Print Audit 5
- Sysinternals Process Monitor
- Comodo Internet Security - a workaround is to enable "Don't detect shellcode injections in these applications" and add Clicker 7 to the list.
Any type of process monitoring software can potentially cause this issue, so experiment with disabling any programs that you suspect may be doing so.
If you discover that a certain program is incompatible, we would appreciate it if you could contact Support (see below) so we can update this list.
- 1st November 2017
- Last revised
- 13th December 2019
- Applies to
- Clicker 7
No downloads found.
Clicker 8 Voices
No downloads found.