This term we have a packed agenda of webinars to demonstrate how everyone can benefit from using our Clicker literacy tools. Our hosts will show you how to save time with our vast collection of ready-made resources, and our fantastic guest speakers will reveal their strategies to help your learners thrive.
1) Supporting EAL pupils with Clicker
First up, we've invited Louise Dawson to join this half-hour discussion centred around how we can best support EAL pupils. We know teachers are already stretched trying to meet the varied needs of children in their classrooms, so Louise will share some quick and easy ways that Clicker can be used to make the curriculum more accessible for English Language Learners.
Date: Tuesday 8th February
Time: 3:45pm GMT
The webinar will cover:
- Modelling language and sentence structure
- Phonics, blending and pronunciation skills
- Developing topic-specific vocabulary
Louise is an independent consultant with 20+ years’ experience supporting inclusion in schools. Currently, she lives and works in Dubai, running her own company built on the principle that every child should be given the chance to be independent. She is also a nasen associate and previously was the BSME Network Lead for Inclusion.
Don't miss out on Louise's expertise, click here to register.
2) Supporting emergent writers: from scribbling to their first word
Next, we have Kelly Fonner talking about how drawing and scribbling are essential skills for children to understand letter formation. A keen advocate for assistive technology, she'll be explaining the 14-point Developmental Writing Scale and how tools in Clicker can help children with the first 5 levels of the DWS.
Date: Thursday 24th February
Time: 4:00pm GMT
Topics to be explored:
- Stages of emergent writing to the first word
- The role of traditional tools and alternative pencils throughout these emergent stages
- A range of Clicker ideas to help emergent writers
Kelly has been working with individuals with disabilities since the mid-70s and with assistive technologies since 1983. Kelly has also taught courses at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in both the Occupational Therapy and Exceptional Education departments, and at the Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore.
Register for our webinar with Kelly today and secure your space.
3) Building phonics confidence with Clicker
Our phonics webinar is the first in a series of online discussions focused on Clicker and the recovery curriculum. Katie will be talking to our curriculum manager, Jo Gibbins, about how our ready-made LearningGrids resources can help your early learners secure their knowledge of letters and sounds.
Date: Wednesday 16th March
Time: 3:45pm GMT
Katie and Jo will be covering:
- How our decodable stories can help children progress through an incremental range of graphemes and phonemes
- Talk and Matching sets, providing opportunities to practise blending and segmenting
- Other brand-new resources based on the award-winning Clicker Phonics series
Sign up here.
Our webinars are completely free to sign up to and if you can’t make the date, there’ll be a recorded version made available afterwards. We hope to see you there!