About Crick Software
Based in Northampton, Crick Software produces award-winning reading and writing support software for children of all ages and abilities.
Hailed as ‘the gold standard of literacy software’, our products are used in thousands of schools around to globe, supporting learners with dyslexia, learning difficulties, physical disabilities and other special needs.
Award-winning educational software company, Crick, are looking for a design professional to join our team. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a dynamic and talented company where your ideas and contributions make a real difference. You’ll be working closely working with our product managers,
developers and designers, designing front end experiences for our award-winning applications, making a difference to children’s lives.
Your tasks will include:
- Reviewing existing applications and evaluating their user experience and effectiveness, using results to influence new product development, updates and new features
- Assisting in the development of the user-experience directive and plans, and use to visually lay out the details of products
- Ensuring design standards, guidelines and best practices are adhered to especially in relation to Universal Design for Learning
- Creating, improving, and using wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Conducting user research and evaluating user feedback
- Presenting ideas, concepts and design solutions to various stakeholders and incorporating feedback in designs
- Developing and maintaining documentation regarding style guidelines
The successful candidate will be/have:
- Proven UX experience
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
- Excellent visual design skills
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, and site maps
- Proficient in visual design and wire-framing tools
- Creative ideas with a problem-solving mindset
- BSc/MSc in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, or relevant field
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple milestones and projects efficiently
- Professional written and interpersonal skills
The hiring process will require applicants to provide examples of their UI work, which can be sent by email or shared via links if work is available online. Applicants who are not able to provide an example of their work will not be considered for this role.
To apply, send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.