Crick Software and the Common Core State Standards
When the English Language Arts Common Core State Standards (CCSS) are met, students will have developed college-ready skills in reading, writing, speaking, and listening.
They will have the knowledge and skills they need, whatever their choice of college or career.
As customizable UDL-compliant literacy support tools, our products provide an excellent platform on which to design and deliver teaching and learning resources aligned to these requirements. These standards fall into the following areas, all of which can be supported by our products:
- An emphasis on accessing complex texts, both narrative and non-fiction.
- Using these texts to then inform, argue, or demonstrate comprehension of the text.
- Improving the use and understanding of academic language.
- Improving the understanding of complex language to improve literacy across the whole curriculum.
- Valuing evidence and pointing to it when putting forward arguments, and critiques.
- Allow students with disabilities meaningful access to the Common Core through IEPs based on the Universal Design for Learning through assistive technology.
Clicker and WriteOnline can offer support as you transition to the CCSS. As they are tools that can be used to support writing across the curriculum, you can easily modify the support that you provide for your students. They are genuine UDL products for supporting all students in achieving cumulative end-of-year expectations from K-12, and enabling them to meet college and career readiness expectations by the end of high school.