WOLWH7 - How do I import more than one Teacher at a time to WriteOnline?
WriteOnline for Windows
WriteOnline for Mac
Importing a CSV file will enable you to create a whole set of teacher logins very quickly. Most school management systems (for example SIMS) allow you to export data as a CSV file. You can also save data from an Excel spreadsheet as a CSV file.
- Log in to LearningGrids website with your Site Manager details.
- Click the Manage Site tab.
- On the left side of the page, select Teachers.
- Under Teacher Actions click Import Teachers.
- Click Browse... and select the CSV file to import, then click Upload.
CSV file must contain the first name, last name and email address for each teacher, as separate fields. It may optionally also include the user name, password and unique ID (the teacher number from your management system). If your file includes any additional fields, you should remove these by opening the file in Excel or another spreadsheet program and deleting the unwanted columns. Remember to re-save the file as a CSV when you have done this.
If the username and/or password are not in the file, they will be created for you. You will be able to preview everything before the registration is completed and you can cancel the import at any stage.