WOLMH1 - How do I clear the Java cache on my computer?
- WriteOnline for Windows
- WriteOnline for Mac
You would like to clear the Java Cache on your computer
To clear the Java cache on a Windows system:
- Click the Start menu, then click Control Panel.
- The Control Panel window appears, click Java icon (you may need to switch to Classic view/Small icons).
- The Java Control Panel window appears, click General tab, under Temporary Internet Files, click Settings button.
- The Temporary Files Settings window appears, click Delete Files button.
- The Delete Files and Applications window appears, check all three options, click OK button.
- Click OK button, to close the Temporary Files Settings window.
- Click OK button, to close the the Java Control Panel.
Alternativley, you can run the following command from the Run command (Click the Start menu, then click Run)
To clear the Java cache on a Apple Mac system:
- Open the Finder window.
- Click Applications then Utilities.
- Double-click Java Preferences
- Click the Network tab.
- Click Delete Files then click OK.
- Close the Java Plug-in Control Panel.