C6WH17 - Clicker 5 files with embedded PCS Symbols do not display in Clicker 6
Clicker 5 files that contain embedded PCS Symbols do not display in Clicker 6.
These PCS Symbols are encoded in .wmf format, an old format which Clicker 6 no longer supports.
During Clicker 6's development, we worked with Mayer-Johnson to update their PCS Symbols to the newer, widely used .png file format. If you purchased your PCS Symbols directly from us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain the newest version of the CD (there may be a small administration fee).
If you have the latest PCS Symbols installed, please follow the instructions below to quickly update the old symbols embedded in Clicker 5 grid set using Clicker 6:
- Install the new .png version of PCS Symbols.
- In Clicker 6, open the Clicker 5 grid set containing the old symbols.
- Open the Clicker Set menu and select Edit Clicker Set.
- In the left sidebar, click the Properties button on the Outline tab.
- In the Clicker Set Properties window, check Use Instant Pictures in cells.
- Check the PCS Symbols library, uncheck all other libraries, then click OK.
- Click the first grid in your set, then shift-click the first cell within it.
- Press the Tab key to move to the next cell, which causes the original cell to load a new PCS symbol.
- Repeat steps 8 and 9 for all grids within your set before saving the activity as a Clicker Set.