C6WH10 - I cannot register Media Libraries
When attempting to register a new Media Library in Clicker 6, or edit the properties of an existing one, you are presented with a message that says you have do not have permission to do so.
When creating Media Libraries or editing their properties, it is necessary for the user to be logged in to the computer as an Administrator because both processes involve writing information to the Windows Registry.
If you encounter this issue, you will need to open Clicker 6 in a slightly different way.
To launch Clicker 6 with Administrator privileges:
- Right-click the Clicker 6 program shortcut.
- Select Run As Administrator.
- Clicker 6 will launch with elevated privileges.
If the account you are using does not have sufficient privileges, Windows will ask for the username and password of a user account that does.
To make Clicker 6 use Run As Administrator by default:
- Right-click the Clicker 6 program shortcut and select Properties.
- Open the Compatibility tab and check Run this program as an administrator.
- Click OK.