C6MH4 - How do I change Clicker 6's pronunciation of a word on Mac OS X?
A word is pronounced incorrectly when read aloud by Clicker 6.
If this occurs, you can teach the speech engine the correct pronunciation using Acapela's Lexicon Editor tool.
To access this tool, browse to Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Crick Software/Clicker 6/AcapelaTTS8 and run the file named LexiconEditor.
- Select the relevant speech engine from the top drop-down list.
- Your changes can be applied to one speech engine, or to all speech engines of the same language. Check the relevant checkbox in the middle list.
For example, in Clicker 6 UK, checking UKEnglish will apply the changes to both the Rachel22k_HQ and Graham22k_HQ speech engines.
- Start by entering your word into the first box and click the play arrow icon. The current translation will appear in the second box below.
- You can alter the phoneme translation to your liking using the Phonemes Samples as a guide (click the Samples icon). Click the translation box's play arrow icon to hear it spoken. Alternatively:
a) Spell your word phonetically in the first box and click play
b) Copy the displayed contents of the translation box
c) Clear both boxes and spell your word correctly in the first box
d) Paste the copied translation into the translation box.
- Click the Add icon to the left of the first box to save the new translation for that word. Click the Save icon from the top (third one along) to save all your changes.