CDCWH2 - I can't access Google Drive when opening/saving a file
- Clicker Docs for Chromebook
When opening or saving a file in Clicker Docs, you can't access Google Drive because it doesn't appear in the left sidebar.
The appearance of Google Chrome in the left sidebar is determined by a Chrome OS setting:
- Log into any Chromebook.
- Click the bottom-right status area (where your account picture is) and click Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings and scroll to the Downloads section.
- Ensure the Disconnect Google Drive account checkbox is unchecked.
If Disconnect Google Drive account is greyed out, the setting is controlled by your Google Admin.
To configure the setting, they must:
- Log into admin.google.com.
- Click Device management > Chrome management > User settings.
- Select the appropriate Org Unit on the left.
- In the Content section, ensure that Google Drive Syncing and Google Drive Syncing over Cellular are both set to enabled.