SWTM7 - Crick USB Switch Box is not detected after the PC or Mac has been rebooted
- USB Keys 2 for Windows
- USB Keys 2 for Mac
If a Crick USB Switch Box is left connected to a computer and the computer is rebooted, it doesn’t always find the box.
- Unplug the lead from the box, wait a few moments and then reconnect it.
- Unplug the lead from the USB port on the computer and then reconnect it to the other USB port.
- There may be a case of you having a faulty USB cable, to eliminate this problem please can you try using another USB cable.
- We recommend that you plug the USB cable into the Computer (rather than the keyboard for Apple Mac users because the USB keyboards do not provide enough power to enable the device to function properly).
For Apple Mac check that you have the following settings:
- From the top of the screen click on the Apple icon, click on System Preferences.
- Click on the Universal Access.
- Check Enable access for assistive devices option.
Connect the USB device to a powered USB hub.
This will provide the full power to the USB device. In certain circumstances some computers have onboard USB connections directly to the motherboard. This can cause a deficiency in power for a USB device to function.
If you run USB Keys while you do this, you will be able to see immediately if the computer has picked up the box.
If this solution does not work for you, please return the box to us for a replacement.